Frugal Living
comments

Rent Redbox Movies for Free: Referral Programs, Promotion Codes

redbox promo codesEver since I signed up Netflix, the number of movies I’ve rented has gone down significantly. When I do, it’s usually from a Redbox kiosk. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I rented a movie that wasn’t from a Redbox (it was probably in high school, when Blockbuster still existed and was charging $4.99 a night!). More recently, I’ve been looking into Redbox again since Netflix changed their pricing structure and we opted to get only the Instant offerings, which usually don’t include new release DVDs.

We used Redbox a lot because we knew it was easy to find Redbox promotion codes. Even if we didn’t have a promo code, movies are only a dollar a day and we have multiple kiosks in the area, some within walking distance. Even if they are just a dollar a day, there’s something fun about getting it for free. I’ll explain how you can still get movies for free off Redbox.

Redbox Referral Program

Redbox has been running a referral program for quite some time and you can sign up for it here. They will send you a unique URL that, if your friends use it, will give you credits for free Redbox movie rentals. If it’s the first time they’ve rented a Redbox movie online, they’ll get a credit for a free night too. You’ll get an email whenever someone signs up and when a credit is deposited, then you’ll have ten days to use it.

Promotion Codes

Promotion codes are the next best way to get free movie rentals from Redbox and you can get them in one of two ways. First, you can register with Redbox and they may send you SMS or email messages with promotional code.

There is, however, a better way – promo code sharing websites. My favorite code sharing website is Inside RedBox because they update their codes and tell you which ones have been successfully (and unsuccessfully) used.

Finally, with these promotion codes, you can usually use the code once per credit or debit card.

Enjoy the movies!

(Photo: kalebdf)

7 Responses to “Rent Redbox Movies for Free: Referral Programs, Promotion Codes”

1. lostAnnfound says:

We use Inside RedBox for the promo codes. $1 a movie per day is great (a whole lot cheaper than seeing it at the theaters), but free is even better! We have a couple of kiosks within walking distance and a few that we may drive by in our daily travels, so finding a movie that we want at one of these is relatively easy. And it can be returned to any of the kiosks, which is very convenient.

2. PFM says:

Redbox is the best thing to happen to movie watching, how can you beat $1? ok, free is better :) , thanks for the link to the promo code site

3. Reader says:

I would say free movies from RedBox is basically stealing, especially if you are abusing the promo code system. Coinstar (owners of RedBox) pay hundreds of millions of dollars in licensing fee’s and are just barley able to keep movies at $1, the more promo code abusers and free-movie takers will only mean RedBox wont be able to continue the way they do. Content rights cost is going through the roof, people should be throwing their dollar bills into the machine not searching for a promo code to get a free movie.

• Jim says:

Hacking the system would be stealing, using promotion codes within the rules is completely legitimate. My responsibility isn’t to make sure Redbox makes money.

• Reader says:

The promo codes fine print always state the promo code is to be used on a one per household basis. Meaning, when you go back and use it again to get another free movie, you are breaking the rules. Its $1, there is no better deal around, why wouldnt you as a consumer want to support a business you enjoy for $1.

4. Arthur Fonzarelli says:

I still rent movies from time to time, whether it be PPVs or from the renting options with my Blockbuster streaming service. This is one of my favorite features, I usually get more than 10 movies a month, and with Redbox being $1 a movie and the Blockbuster @Home being $10 a month, it just makes more sense for me. Plus I have so much more to choose from, not to mention video games via mail at no extra charge. Now don’t get me wrong, I’ve gotten a few movies from Redbox because of simply walking by and getting them on impulse, but for the most part I’ll stick with Blockbuster. In fact, I heard at work at DISH the other day that they’re still running some specials to try it out for free, I’d recommend checking it out.

5. johnny varro says: