The Home
comments

Request USPS Hold Mail Service Online

Did you know that you can request to have your mail held through a form online? I had no idea! This saved me a trip to the post office (and a 15 minute wait in the line that is always there regardless of what time I go).

You can get same day service if you submit it by 2:00 AM CST! The service is limited to certain zip codes but fortunately mine was included. Scratch that one off my list of errands today.

Online services FTW!

Going away for a while? Request Hold Mail for the time you’re gone, and we’ll keep your mail safely at the local Post Office™ until you return. Schedule the service up to 30 days in advance, or by 2AM CST (Mon-Sat) on the start date. Each address can have one Hold Mail scheduled at a time. All mail will be held, rather than an individual’s mail.

One word of warning, you may not be able to use this at some ZIP Codes so check availability first (unfortunately, that means filling out every field in the first box).

USPS Hold Mail Service Form

39 Responses to “Request USPS Hold Mail Service Online”

1. Dani says:

HOLD mail online is the about the only thing that works with my post office. I’ve always done it online & used it 3-4 times within the last 8 months. No problems at all. Now if you want to talk about packages “missing” 5 between Mar – Oct 11, that’s a whole different issue. The packages missing were not during the times I had HOLD on my mail.

2. wilfred dennis says:

I own a proerty at 4321 Haverhill 48224. The former tenet has vacated the property and left no forwarding address, I talked to the mailman about returning mail to sender and was told that I had to go to the post office @ harper and kensington and fill out a form. This office cannot be found. I do not want the mail and do not want to throw away. please return mail to sender. If I need to do anthing else please contact me.
    Wilfred Dennis
    81 shorecrest, GP, 38236

• Shirley says:

You can write “refused” or “address unknown” on the envelope(s) and put it back out on your mailbox for pickup or drop it in any out-going mailbox. DO NOT throw it away… that is considered mail tampering and I believe it is a federal offense.

3. johanna says:

I stopped my mail over Thanksgiving and received the held mail upon return. Now however my mail has stopped completely. How do I find out where my mail is? My zip code is 77007-5528

4. Chino says:

Hey people, I have a question about the USPS mail hold. Im waiting for a credit card in the mail and I wanted to know if they hold credit cards. Someone was telling me that they do now hold credit card when you place a hold on your mail. Is this true?

5. Jack Underwood says:

The online USPS Hold Mail Service form is
    not working. It’s fine till you get down to
    the start date block and resme date block, at
    which point they seem frozen and will not
    accept any input.

6. mariela says:

Ive been waiting for my mail for 5 days know and i was wondering if by holding the mail for a while and then shipping it , will be a good idea?

7. liz says:

hello, simple question about holding mail, i’m just having some slight confusion and do not want to fill out a form and do something wrong. when usps states, that one hold mail can be scheduled at a time for the same address, and all mail will be held, not just an individuals, is that implying that i myself, if were in transition between addresses, cannot have my OWN mail held, it would hold all residents of that same address? example, living with three other people that are currently staying at that address, however, i am not and do not want my own personal mail delivered until i confirm a new address. is that possible? your help would be appreciated! thanks!