As this article posts we should be on our way home from Pittsburgh after the last wedding of the 2010 wedding season. We’ve seen a lot of our friends pair up this year, with a few pairs still scheduled for next year, and it’s been a lot of fun celebrating but draining because of all the travel. Weddings are ridiculously fun and I enjoy them immensely, don’t get me wrong, but the amount travel can start to wear on you. Don’t get me wrong, it’s totally worth it, but it’d be nice to have a few consecutive weekends at home just to relax, catch up on some projects, and spend more time just relaxing and enjoying a Sunday afternoon of football. 🙂
This is completely unrelated to weddings, that is the nature of these roundups, but if you’re a fan of Jon Stewart, here’s an entertaining interview  with Terry Gross on Fresh Air where they discuss a plethora of issues including the upcoming October 30th rallies.
Here are a few articles I’ve found interesting this past week:
- Renter’s Insurance is usually not on the minds of most renters but it’s critically important and really cheap. Jeremy at Gen X Finance goes over the basics of renters insurance .
- The psychology of loyalty companies  is a fantastic article that delves into the notion that loyalty programs are most rewarding for the companies that stand them up. I’d heard of many of the ideas in the article before and it really taps into our psychology. If you have a reward card that requires 10 purchases to get a freebie, start the customer off with five stamps and they’ll feel better about the program than if you lowered the required number of purchases down to 5 (which is the effective number of purchases they’d need if you started them off with 5). While this was not mentioned in the article, other ideas are and it’s interesting how similar they are.
- Check out Money Index , a new site put together by Tom at Canadian Finance Blog. What will you find there? “You’ll find the latest finance information from the top news sources and the most respected bloggers on the internet.”
- PMI is a pain but a necessary evil if you are buying a home and can’t put down 20%, fortunately Ryan shows us How to Get Rid of Private Mortgage Insurance .
- I’ve always wondered this… but can you file bankruptcy more than once? Should you be allowed to file bankruptcy more than once? 
Have a great weekend!