Personal Finance
comments

Roundup: Happiness! XBox 360 Has Returned!

You may remember that I sent out my XBox 360 a few weeks ago because it stopped outputting video. Well, a scant two weeks later I have a brand spanking new XBox 360, manufactured November 5th, back in my hands. I actually got it back earlier this week and with it came a month membership to the online XBox Live Gold, to replace the time I missed by not having an XBox. Those who are on my friends list probably see me playing a whole lot of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare because that game is absolutely ridiculous. If you are on XBox Live, shoot me an email and we can be friends. :)

Also, I have to admit, some of the posts I put up near the tail end of the week were a bit crappy, that’s because I’ve been playing too many video games. I had errors, confusing thoughts, etc. It’s in part the video games but also my work has picked up a bit, a great thing, and so I’ve been more tired at night especially after a few longer days. Just so you know, I’ll be managing my time a little better now so the quality should return to normal this week.

Back to Call of Duty 4. :)

7 Responses to “Roundup: Happiness! XBox 360 Has Returned!”

1. Danny Tsang says:

COD 4 is insane! The most realistic war environment ever. Unfortunately I have it on PS3, no xbox live for me.

2. Jeremy says:

I just got COD4 for PC this weekend, and I have to agree, it is absolutely amazing. It really puts the new computer I built to the test, and it passes with flying colors.

And Jim, I’ll hit you up later to trade gamertags. I have a ton of xbox games we play on live.

3. The Bob says:

I’m playing Assassins Creed right now on The Box. It’s sad that such a great console is having so many issues but I’m still pro-microsoft and hold their stock.

My main problem is the “Disc Unreadable” message which is annoying and unacceptable. There is a fix which is to clean your cache before playing and to never leave the game in after you are done playing. However, why should there need to be jerry rigs for playing a game on a 400 dollar system?

I have until March before my one year is up so will send it in for that problem before then so they can hopefully fix the design error.

By the way, Assassins Creed is amazing.

4. Jeremy says:

Bob, Microsoft extended their warranty on all consoles to 3 years back in July I think it was.

5. MoneyNing says:

I keep hearing many people returning their XBox 360s cuz of numerous problems of overheating. Oh well! I’m glad I don’t have one yet! I might think of getting one once its fixed!!!

6. The Bob says:

Yes, their warranty is extended for the red ring of death event only and does not include the disc unreadable problem. That has to be addressed within the original one year warranty.

7. Jeremy says:

Well, you could give your box the ring of death… just put it next to a heater while playing a graphically intense game. That should do the trick :D My first box got the rings of death after about 3 months, but we’re on number 2 for the better part of a year with no problems *knocks on wood*