The Mega Millions  drawing scheduled for tonight at 11 PM has a record breaking prize – $540 million (update: $640 million!), $389 million if you choose the lump sum over the annuity. The tickets are just a buck and you pick six numbers. Of the first five, you pick from a number between 1 and 56; for the sixth you choose from between 1 and 46. Match all six, win the entire prize. Match fewer than all six and you can still win.
Here’s the prize table:
|Match 1st 5 #||Match 6th #||Prize||Odds|
|5||1||Jackpot||1 in 175,711,536|
|5||0||$250,000||1 in 3,904,701|
|4||1||$10,000||1 in 689,065|
|4||0||$150||1 in 15,313|
|3||1||$150||1 in 13,781|
|3||0||$7||1 in 306|
|2||1||$10||1 in 844|
|2||0||$10||1 in 844|
|1||1||$3||1 in 75|
|0||1||$2||1 in 75|
The odds of winning anything is 1 in 40 and you can buy a ticket up until 10:45 PM! You playing?
- The Hunger Games Investment Series  at GobankingRates.com is a clever poll based on the popular trilogy, which recently just debuted in movie theaters.
- Mikey Rox at Wise Bread shares 25 things to never pay full price on . The list goes from magazines to video games to even condoms!
- CNN Money shares 11 tax audit red flags , not surprisingly, first on the list is having a sketchy tax preparer. 🙂
- I like it when Ramit does case studies of what real people are doing, this time he talks about how Claire used Craigslist to make $8,000 on the side  doing freelance work at $50 an hour.
- I love consignment stores, a subject Trent wrote about yesterday . I don’t buy a lot of clothes there but you can find plenty of other things there on the cheap.
Have a great weekend and good luck if you’re playing the Mega Millions!