It’s been quite some time since we’ve done a Roundup here at Bargaineering and I thought I’d start doing them again. Roundups are lists of links to other sites that I read and I scour the web for interesting posts that I hope you’ll find interesting as well. This week takes on the theme of Frugality, which is fitting since I also steward the Festival of Frugality , a blog carnival focused on squeezing pennies out of dollars.
Without further delay, here were a few posts I found interesting this week:
- Five Places to Buy Discount Glasses  – My wife recently broke her glasses and so we took our regular trip to Costco, where she didn’t find a pair that she liked. I remembered that Zenni Optical sold exceptionally cheap (compared to many places!) but I didn’t know about these other four places. Forget the days of paying a hundred bucks on a piece of molded plastic!
- Tips to Get Free Food  – Who doesn’t love getting free food? OK, this post by Phil is mostly tongue in cheek and has no legitimate tips for free food but it’s still funny.
- Tips for Having a baby without Going Broke  – Babies are awesome but babies are also expensive. Camilla at Wise Bread shares a few tips on how to save some money while keeping the little critter happy (relatively!).
- How to Invest a Windfall  – I help moderate the Personal Finance sub-reddit (section) of Reddit and one of the most common questions I see involves windfalls, either from an estate or just a very large gift. It’s hard to know what to do with it but Cash Money Life tackles it with some very good ideas.
- Are ID theft protection services worth it?  – They’re part insurance, part service, but I think they’re mostly not worth it. You can do much of it yourself but sometimes people like having peace of mind (we have pet insurance for that reason).
- And finally, happy four year anniversary to Credit Karma  – they celebrated with a fun video  featuring their social media maven Bethy and the CK team.
(Photo: pacdog )