This week we’ll be celebrating Spring Cleaning Week, a week of posts that focuses on refreshing and rebooting your financial life so that you can take on 2011 with the gusto it deserves. We’ll discuss a variety of issues that will hopefully help you shed some of the financial weight you’ve accumulated over the past year, get your finances in tip top shape for the coming year, and focus on the path forward so you can make the most of the new year.
There are a variety of things in our financial lives that require annual tweaking, just as your car needs a regular tuneup. Since spring is the traditional season for “Spring cleaning,” I thought we could get a jump on that by doing these financial Spring cleaning tasks in the winter while it’s still cold out. Once Spring rolls around, the chances you’ll want to spend your free time sitting in front of the computer rebalancing a portfolio diminishes greatly. 🙂
So, roll up your sleeves and get yourself ready for the week ahead!
Here’s what we have in store for you this week:
- Rebalance Your Portfolio  – How to rebalance your investment portfolios
- Consolidate Your Financial Accounts  – How to simplify your financial life by reducing the number of accounts
- Review Your Insurance Policies  – Things change each year, make sure your insurance policies keep up.
- Update Your Home Inventory  – Instructions and a reminder to update your home inventory with all your new holiday loot.
- Financial Documents: Keep, Scan or Shred?  – Here’s a checklist for financial documents and what to do with them.
- Reviewing Your Last Will & Testament  – Why and how to review your Last Will & Testament by guest blogger Evan from My Journey to Millions.
- Set SMART Goals for a Kick Ass 2011  – After three days of reviewing the past, we take a look towards the future.
Sharpen your pencils, roll up your sleeves, and get ready to clean up!
(Photo: bookgrl )