Free, Taxes
comments

State Farm Customers: Free Online Tax Filing with TurboTax

While I don’t have a State Farm account or policy, there have been confirmed reports that anyone with an account at State Farm will soon be eligible to file their taxes via TurboTax absolutely free (they offered this in previous years). The offer includes Federal, State, and ItsDeductible. If you log in, there’s a link to the offer on your Account Summary page.

File Your 2006 Income Tax for Free

Coming soon for State Farm customers who are registered online and have at least one policy or account viewable online…

Once again, Intuit, the creators of TurboTax, have agreed to provide you the ability to file your 2006 income tax online free of charge. Please check back after the first of the year to take advantage of this service.

If you want an account, you can open a credit card or open a bank account with State Farm but I don’t think either are worth it financially or time-wise just to get free tax filing (plus, if your adjusted gross income is under 52k, you can file for free via the IRS Free File Program anyway).

Reported in a thread on Fatwallet.

6 Responses to “State Farm Customers: Free Online Tax Filing with TurboTax”

1. pcooper says:

Turbotax has deals with a lot of companies like that, offering filing for a discount or free. I think Vanguard offers it free if you invest enough with them, and a discount for others. I know I’ve seen it offered from other companies too.

Last year, I used taxact.com, which has free federal filing for everyone (although they *really* try to upsell you to their deluxe and state products).

2. eROCK says:

Hey Jim, do you use TurboTax? This is my first year that I’ll be doing my taxes personally instead of using my parents accountant. Do you recommend it? I apologize if you’ve made a post about it in the past.

-Erich

3. jim says:

I’ve used them three years in a row and I plan on doing so this year as well but I have a pretty vanilla return (a small twist with the sole proprietorship income). If you have a lot of complicatedness, it might be worth it to use an accountant.

4. eROCK says:

Hi Jim, thanks. My income is probably even less complicated then yours because I don’t own a house. Although I do have a second income like you … if you liked it and it worked for you, I’m sure I will find it useful too.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

-Erich

5. Lo says:

Where exactly is the link for the offer located? I helped my dad register his State Farm insurance accounts online and I clicked on the “my account” link but I don’t see anything about TurboTax. You can email me with details. Thanks!

6. Dale says:

Where exactly is the link for the offer located? I had already registered my State Farm insurance accounts online and I clicked on the “my account” link but I don’t see anything about TurboTax. You can email me with details. Thanks!