After much research, my girlfriend found a fully-loaded 2004 Honda Civic EX manual transmission with 11,500 miles on it from a semi-local Acura dealer (45 minutes away) for a mere $13,780 ($14,448 after VA taxes, title, registration, and dealer fee of $95). According to Kelley Blue Book, a 2004 Honda Civic rated as good condition (I would’ve rated it as Excellent) with the same features was listed at $17,150 retail and $14,150 private party (pre-taxes and associated fees). According to the dealer, the Civic was supposed to be listed at $17,800 but was erroneously listed on their website and on Cars.com at only $13,780. While I’m skeptical of that sort of error (by skeptical I mean I don’t believe them), the poor salesman (who wasn’t particularly knowledgeable) did show us how it was listed on the price sheet at $17,800 and let it slip that they bought it for $12,500. Was it a good deal?
- ANN WILLIAMS:
- Kristin Wong:
- Here's where to stash your cash while waiting for the Fed to finally raise interest rates, probably this fall
- Summer music festivals on the cheap...Or what passes for cheap in these days of inflated prices
- Skip the pricey car dealership ... I fixed a keyless remote myself and so can you
- Those heavily promoted $10-a-month gym memberships are great ... But will you ever go?
- How to get people to buy your junk ... A guide to selling almost anything on Facebook groups
- How To Win McDonald’s Monopoly Game (2679)
- How To Win McDonald’s Monopoly Game (2010) (2008)
- $7500 First Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (1255)
- How To Win McDonald’s Monopoly Game (2012) (1136)
- United First Financial Money Merge Accounts: Scam or Legit? (1078)
- Rent Forever, Don’t Buy A Home (1074)
- Making Home Affordable Mortgage Refinance & Modification Program (994)
- How To Win McDonald’s Monopoly Game, 2013 Edition (813)
- I Hate U-Haul Truck Rental (And So Does Everyone Else) (802)
- Costco’s Incredible Return Policy (746)
Advertising Disclosure: Bargaineering may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website.