Live and work overseas? Don’t forget to pay U.S. taxes

Working overseas can make your U.S. taxes difficultA few years ago, I worked for a company based in Taiwan. Whenever I received a check from this company, taxes paid to Taiwan were deducted. Then, during tax time in the United States, I was required to report that income, even though it was earned working for a foreign company. The good news is that I received a tax credit for the money paid to Taiwan’s government.

My situation was fairly straightforward; I lived in the United States and the income from the foreign company wasn’t very large. Others face a more daunting situation related to their residency in a foreign country.

(Click to continue reading…)

Advertising Disclosure: Bargaineering may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website.
About | Contact Me | Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights | Terms of Use | Press
Copyright © 2016 by All rights reserved.