Investing
comments

The Next Warren Buffett

I’ve always wondered what Berkshire Hathaway would do if the Oracle of Omaha ever surrendered the reigns and today I found out. Warren Buffett is already seventy five and it was reported by the New York Times that a plan of succession was in place for the Nebraska insurance and investment company.

“Berkshire’s board has fully discussed each of the three C.E.O. candidates and has unanimously agreed on the person who should succeed me if a replacement were needed today,” Mr. Buffett wrote. “The directors know now — and will always know in the future — exactly what they will do when the need arises.”

While the day Warren Buffett leaves Berkshire will probably be a bad one for the stock, it’s comforting to know that they have a plan in place.

via New York Times.

7 Responses to “The Next Warren Buffett”

1. moom says:

It won’t neccessarily be a bad day for the stock, as long as the successor can spin off all the non-core business apart from the insurance companies…. but maybe as long as Buffett is alive that won’t be possible and don’t know what is in the deals they made on acquisitions…

2. thc says:

Interesting that WB’s successor was not named…maybe it’s me?

3. jb says:

hi, I just surfed in- this looks interesting though I was looking for a message board. Anyone know of a good, active message board addressing financial planning/ prosperity?

thanks.

4. jim says:

jb – I created a list, with the help of readers, that you can find here:
    Favorite Money or Personal Finance Forums

Thanks for stopping by, hope to you see you back perhaps?

5. jb says:

Jim- thanks very much- I signed up and posted on one of those forums just now. I will try to keep visiting here, but truthfully a lot of this subject matter seems over my head.

6. jim says:

jb – if you ever need anything, something cleared up, don’t hesitate to send me an email. take care.

7. jb says: