General
comments

Wanted: New Theme – Any Suggestions?

For those of you popping in and seeing strange things, it’s because I’ve been messing around with the theme I have on here. I’ve heard some “complaints” about its look and was wondering if any of you out there had any WordPress themes to suggest. I like something low-maintenance as I prefer working more on content than style, plus I can’t design worth a lick.

(Yeah, I just said “worth a lick” and I’m from New York)

I’m debating using rdc*, except making all the green into the blues like I have here now…

Thoughts?

7 Responses to “Wanted: New Theme – Any Suggestions?”

1. Cap says:

tough call. I prefer ones where you can fit as much text as possible..

i mean like the width of the template is wide… so what you got now works for me. I honeslty dont like my own theme but I really can’t decide on another too. so yeah.

just find one thats not clutter. I dont see why people are complaining now though. Looks good to me.

2. I’ve toyed around with switching mine, but I always keep coming back to it.

3. mbhunter says:

Flash of inspiration: What about adding a blueprint picture to your title bar?

The “design” here is that you download a piece of blueprint clip art, crop it to the right size, and use it as the background image with overlain text (as in type the title in the HTML with the fonts) in place of the background image with the text in it.

This would be a cool alternative because it’s unique and ties in well with your title.

4. Matt says:

Anything where the right side of lines of your text isn’t obscured by blue decoration would be real nice. It’s a pain having to turn off CSS in order to read this blog. (It’s worth the pain, or else I’d stop reading. But the pain remains.)

5. jim says:

MBHunter,
    I thought about doing that, picking one of Da Vinci’s classic pictures but just hadn’t gotten around to it… but it’s a great idea.

Matt,
    I do appreciate that you read the blog even though the CSS is messed up… I took off the blue background because I think the formatting of trackbacks is a little messed up, for some reason it puts it in a strange fixed width font and then that messes up the boundaries of the rest of the page, pushing post text into the blue parts.

6. Jonathan says:

I vote for as simple as possible as well. Visual clutter makes me sad. Although I don’t really see anything wrong with this site as it is either.

7. m says:

Keep it simple. no clutter. it makes reading more enjoyable and try to be as efficient as possible. nice changes so far.