On Tuesday night, in a game against the Washington Nationals, Barry Bonds passed Hank Aaron on the all-time home run list when he hit home run 756 off Mike Bacsik. Who caught it? A Met fan, Matt Murphy, who apparently was on his way to Australia and bought tickets on a whim, wound up with the ball and a bloodied face for his trouble. 756 home runs… even if they are juiced, that’s still a feat worth clapping for.
- Nickel is thinking about putting an addition onto his home, I think it’ll be something interesting to follow if you’re thinking about doing the same.
- FMF shares a tip from Bankrate that explains how you can save money by cutting cable.
- MBH just opened up a bank account for his two and a half year old daughter, earning her a nice fat 1%. Nice.
- Flexo talks about the top ten cars under $10k.
- Jeremy talks about short selling as Golbguru rejoices in the market going down. Might as well throw this one in there too, Sun talks about how volatile the market’s been lately.
- Read Lazy Man’s take on that article about silicon valley millionaires who keep working because they don’t feel like they have enough. If I hit it big, I’d keep working too, but I wouldn’t do it for the same reason they do… I’d do it because I wouldn’t know what else to do.
- SVB shares with us an absolutely hideous looking house. It’s atrocious.
- My friend recently needed to get his credit score for an apartment rental so I dug up an offer from Experian for a free credit score and report. You basically agree to some program of theirs and you have to cancel within 30 days or get charged $12 a pop. If you just need a report, just go to AnnualCreditReport and get it for free without the trial cancellation headaches.
- Did you know there are 11 types of IRAs?
- You are not required by law to have homeowner’s insurance… but it’s a good idea.