Did you know that July was National Ice Cream month? Me neither until NPR today! In 1984, President Reagan designed that July would be National Ice Cream month and that the third Sunday would be National Ice Cream day – that third Sunday is this Sunday. So get some ice cream this weekend and celebrate National Ice Cream Day!
Now, a little personal finance diversion before the weekly roundup. Amazon has a deal where you can save $5 off subscription magazines, including Smart Money  ($7/year). Here’s the full list  of the other available magazines of Smart Money ain’t your bag.
- Flexo writes about a law passed in May making your tax preparer a policeman , except that if you do the crime, they do the time with you. Sounds brilliant. Not.
- FMF finds more evidence that people have no idea what’s going on, or just prefer to stick their head in the sand. He shares an article in which most Americans are confident that their home is worth more  than a year ago.
- MBH discusses an article that reports that a higher IQ doesn’t mean you’ll be richer … which means I still have a chance at greatness. Whew!
- JLP joins in the discussion of whether a CEO should be posting to a Yahoo Finance board using a pseudonym and talking smack on a competitor that they will later buy. Yes, I recognize that the previous sentence was horribly run on but that was on purpose. I wanted to highlight the absurdity of a CEO posting anonymously on a Yahoo Finance board… at least his salary is only $1, you got your money’s worth shareholders!
- Nickel shares with us an Amazon deal for the new Harry Potter book . Also, on Raising4Boys, they discuss the sales tax holiday for this year .
- Ben warns us not to underestimate risk .
- Henry introduces us to yet another personal finance web 2.0 thingy, Geezeo . If you want to use it in a sentence, you would say “Geezeo, couldn’t you have thought of a better name?”
- A guest poster at GenX Finance writes about mutual fund distributions .
- Big ups to Lazy Man for getting his 100,00th visitor !
- Golbguru has a bit of a headache after his Nissan broke down, including driving an expired car and then dealing with Enterprise .
- Sun shares how he loves getting free razors , I do these too and I don’t think I’ve ever bought a razor.
- SVB shares with us some information about class .
- Trent asks whether inflation rates are accelerating … very interesting analysis.