Every year the Renaissance Festival, or RennFest as the folks in the costumes like to call it, comes to Crownsville, Maryland, and those folks in the costumes stop looking like weirdos and start looking almost normal again. I kid, I kid; it’s actually a lot of fun to go to the festival because it’s a nice opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, have a few drinks, and basically hang out with some of your friends. I think we’ve, my fiancée and I, gone two out of the three years we’ve been in the area and this year will be the first time that I’ll go without her (she’s currently in Alaska chasing polar bears and petting the little Inuits).
Oh, and I don’t know about anyone else but did it seem like this long weekend snuck up on you? With so few holiday days off, I usually can see them coming months in advance (because that’s how often they seem to occur) but Labor Day seemed to be upon us before I even knew it. I’m not complaining… it’s just weird.
- JLP looks at the luck factor in investing  and includes lots of pretty graphs. End result: “Nothing. There’s really nothing you can do about it so there’s no sense in worrying about it.”
- Nickel talks about Capital One’s recent decision to start reporting credit limits .
- MBH talks about SkyBus and they’re pricing model . I had never flown SkyBus but I’d be willing to pay only $10 and listen/ignore to pitches and look at/ignore advertisements, blissfully enjoying my cheap flight and my membership in the non-converting percentage of the population.
- FMF wants to show you how to be considerate after you’re dead by establishing a letter of instruction , a how-to guide to your entire financial life.
- Flexo wasn’t waiting for the HD DVD vs. BluRay battle to end, he put his vote to HD-DVD by purchasing a DVD player  this week.
- Jeremy looks at an investment newsletter from his local bank with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight and says to take investing newsletter advice with a grain of salt .
- SVB asks what color collar is your job ? In addition to your classic white and blue collars, she includes gold and pink, two classifications I’d never heard of before and have their origins in marketing.
- At Money Smart Life, you can read a little about High Yield Corporate Bonds , otherwise known as junk bonds.
- Lazy Man has started a Save Money series and this week’s post is about how to save money on movies, music, television, and books .
- Sun looks at the math and calculates how long it takes to triple your money .
- Golbguru talks about money leaks .