You know how everyone in the stock market was ecstatic when the Fed cut interest rates by half a percent? Well, one of the results of that was the fall in the value of the dollar against other currencies; which meant everyone who is paid in US dollars took a pay cut this week. Remember when people would joke that your dollar was worth more in Canada because of the exchange rate? Right now the two are dead even… who’s laughing now? As RFK once said… “Like it or not, we live in interesting times…”
- It’s Day 20 and this tip from NCN isn’t so much a money saver but a mind saver – put all your manuals into a single binder.
- MBH talks about the financial sites he visits.
- FMF is away but a guest post from Staged 4 More talks about how to start a business.
- Do you know the difference between a financial adviser and stock brokers? If not, read Flexo’s post as he explains the difference.
- JLP got himself an iPAQ and brings himself closer to paperless!
- Nickel talked about a dilemma he had a while back when he found $1100, luckily he did the right thing and returned it to the lost and found (albeit things could’ve gone badly) and it eventually made it back to its rightful owner. Having an extra $1,100 would be nice for anyone but sticking to your values (especially in the face of such sums) is far more important.
- JD wrote about two tip related scenarios and one about “stealing”. First, I was absolutely stunned that someone would take someone else’s tip off the table. I talked with JD about it and he thought the third scenario involving theft was more interesting.
- Lazy Man says something about Match.com’s crappy promotion where they’ll give you more of the same if things don’t work out. I agree with him, why not offer a money back guarantee?
- Ben talks about how to quit your job in six not so easy steps.
- Golbguru talks about the highest savings rates.
- GenX writes about transfering assets upon death.
- Rent or buy? SVB hits up this topic.
- Mattel tells China they’re sorry about the too-wide recall.
- Is your safe waterproof?
- What are the tax implications of canceling debt?