Your Take
comments

Your Take: What Is Your Dream Job?

Space ShuttleWith the economy pretty much sucking, despite “green shoots”, I thought it would be fun to completely ignore it and turn towards the fanciful.

I want to know – what is your dream job? If nothing were off the table, what would you, beyond all other things, like to be doing? Is it finding a cure for a currently incurable disease? Is it playing in a professional sports league like the NFL, NBA, MLB, or NBPL?

My dream job would be as an astronaut. I would love to have the opportunity to go into space and do something very few people can do today, but millions upon millions will likely be able to do within the next hundred years. It’s the final frontier after all!

What is your dream job?

(Photo: pmarkham)

65 Responses to “Your Take: What Is Your Dream Job?”

1. lauren says:

torch lounge singer. think michelle pfeiffer in fabulous baker boys. ;)

2. jillianlou says:

Financial planning for recent college graduates – this isn’t actually that out of reach in terms of my abilities, the only problem is convincing them they need the help and/or getting them to pay for it!

3. Shirley says:

I have finally actually achieved my dream job… being retired!

Doing only whatever we want to do (whenever we want to) turns out to be so great that it was worth us each working 50 years for. I truly liked my job, but retirement as we are seeing it, is the ultimate reward.

4. DFBC says:

I would love to work as a shipfitter, building some of the largest vessels on Earth. Oh wait, that is my job.

Other than that, becoming a full time blogger would be cool. :)

5. Karen says:

My dream job would be to be a fashion designer. Only I’d design clothes for normal bodies, not stick girls, and I’d create clothes that are pretty, not weird.

6. NessaMae says:

My dream job would be a professional chef. That would mean working would involve my favorite pastime…eating :)

7. Mike says:

NASCAR racing driver.

8. dfranks says:

I would love to be a high school math teacher.

9. Shelly In The City says:

I actually just blogged about the concept of a “dream job.” Do they really exist. I can’t think of one job I would want to do everyday for the rest of my life.

Shelly in the City

P.S. Check out my blog at blogspot.com

10. Tami says:

I would love to be a teacher in a world where No Child Left Behind doesn’t exist. I’m a teacher, but NCLB makes us all like robots, at least in CA it does.

11. Boris says:

Adult film videographer

12. donna says:

Own a golden retriever ranch raising service and therapy goldens and rescuing goldens.

13. CuriousAG says:

to work as an HR … hiring talent for a company … I like interacting with different and new people and would love the element of psychological and personal novelty every day at office :)

14. Chris says:

Professional Golfer, I could definitely do that everyday.

15. Andrew says:

Crossword constructor

16. ClaireTN says:

I think I have my dream job. I’m a college professor in the humanities, so I spend the academic year in conversation about “the big questions” with bright young people and summers writing articles and books.

17. shadox says:

Hey Jim – you stole my dream job! Give it back.

18. Famous and talented actor– I know they usually don’t go hand and hand . . .

19. Bay says:

I don’t believe in the common line, “You can be anything you want to be.”

I’d love to be an Interior Designer. Unfortunately, I can’t afford anywhere from $50,000 to $80,000 to attend a design school.

20. Moneymonk says:

A business owner/investor

I really don’t want “a job”

21. Amber says:

I dream of being a travel photographer – like the few chosen (and very hard-working) souls employed by National Geographic to go out there and capture the world. I also follow some bloggers that are paid to travel to all manner of exotic locales for weddings and other events.

Fact of the matter is, I buy into the whole 10,000 hours to mastery thing and so I figure it’s only a matter of time before I’m in a position to snatch one of these coveted jobs.

That, or a farmer.

22. Alicia says:

I would love to get paid to volunteer in orphanages or listen to proposals on how donations can/should be used….this would have to come with flexible hours and some travel (to inspect how the funds are being used) and family friendly since I want to start a family.

23. shum says:

to become an UAV pilot

24. d says:

I would like to be unemployable!

25. ianisnotaneconomist says:

Olympian, although all those guys have part time jobs.
    Actually, I’d be partial to being a general in the army too. I like power.