Bank Deals
comments

WTDirect $150 Account Promotion Bonus

WTDirectWTDirect is offering a cash bonus of up to $150 depending on how much you deposit initially.

• $150 bonus for $50,000 balance
  • $100 bonus for $40,000 balance
  • $75 bonus for $30,000 balance
  • $50 bonus for $20,000 balance
  • $25 bonus for $10,000 balance

In terms of interest rates, WTDirect is within reach of the top spot but not quite. The best interest rate currently goes to Everbank, with their 3.01% three-month bonus interest rate followed by their 2.00% regular interest rate. WTDirect current sports a 1.76%, which coupled with this bonus, lags the leader.

The last time WTDirect offered a bonus the bonuses were richer. The maximum was $250 on a $50,000 deposit, or 0.5%. Of course, back then the interest rate was 3.06% APY.

It’s a nice promotion but it’s not enough to entice me to change where I put my savings.

6 Responses to “WTDirect $150 Account Promotion Bonus”

1. jillianlou says:

It’s not really a nice promotion at all – if you have $50,000 in the bank, $150 isn’t much at all. Also, I would hope you wouldn’t have $50,000 just floating around in cash…

2. shum says:

wow, who would have $50,000 in their bank anyway? in a time like this…..

3. Lucy says:

Those are crazy high initial deposits. Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten to the stage in life where I can easily allocate $50k like this. :(

4. Brandon says:

@shum, I think they would be a smart person. What would you suggest they have their money in?

My calculation is that after 1 year you would have $51032.64 with WTDirect and $51126.25 with Everbank btw.

After 3 months it would have been $50370.66 for WTDirect and $50376.25 for Everbank.

Thus, Everbank is the best bet it looks like since all the other bonuses are maximally .25% compared to the .3% of $50k.

5. Andrew says:

My credit union pays 3.51% on up to $25K if you use your debit card 10 times a month, get direct deposit of your paycheck or Social Security or pay one bill through a pull rather than a push, and get your statements on line. They also refund up to $25/month in ATM fees without you having to even ask for it. But you have to live in Fort Wayne, Indiana (I don’t) or be related to someone who is a member (I am). I believe there’s another credit union in the San Francisco Bay Area offering an otherwise-identical deal at 3%, which I might do with the next $25K.

6. eric says:

Let me get that 50K from under my mattress… :)