Your Take
comments

Your Take: What Are Your July 4th Plans?

Fireworks Rule!
Tomorrow is July 4th. Independence Day. A day most often spent outdoors, with friends, playing games and having an old fashioned cookout.

My wife and I will be spending the day at our friend’s house, playing games and having an old fashioned cookout; then going up to their rooftop deck to watch the fireworks in the Baltimore harbor. Hopefully the weather holds up! My wife is a huge fan of fireworks so we’re hoping that they make them especially good this year. :)

I’m curious, what are your plans for this weekend?

(Photo by Mr. Magoo ICU)

15 Responses to “Your Take: What Are Your July 4th Plans?”

1. Caitlin says:

Happy 4th of July to all you Americans!

Our Canada Day celebrations were partly rained-out, so we’re celebrating this weekend as well!

2. Erik says:

I’ve done the rooftop thing in B’more before!

It’s fun – we were in southern Federal Hill area – kinda far away but still worth well worth it!

North Federal Hill or Little Italy would be the BOMB! Have fun!

This year I’m hangin’ with the in-laws in the countryside. Ares-and-acres of property with home-grown fireworks! Yee… Haw….

Out here it is: “If a tree falls (or firework goes off) in the woods does anybody hear it?” :)

Should be fun……

3. Dave says:

I’ll be attending a “tea party” in downtown DC, in support of the proposition that our government is leading us on a path to insurmountable financial indebtedness.

4. Yana says:

It’s illegal here for individuals to use fireworks, but the city usually puts on a display at the fairgrounds. We can see the display from our bedroom window, so we will probably sit on the bed and watch the show. After that, we will most likely hear fireworks going off for a couple of hours – some people don’t care whether it is legal to set them off.

5. Mike says:

Remember those of us in the service economy.

I’ll be working…

6. lostAnnfound says:

Usually go camping, but not this year.

Tonight we’ll be going to a city park for concert & fireworks & having a picnic with the kids & some friends. Tomorrow visiting some other friends who are camping & doing a seafood festival. LOBSTER! YUMMY!

7. wayne sinclair says:

doing my taxes; home repair; floating the local river. Enjoy your newsletter.
    Wayne

8. Bert says:

It’s a time to remember the great success America’s forefathers achieved in gaining freedom from tyrannical rule.

“The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.”
    George Washington

“Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.”
    James Bryce

“It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt.” (1790) -John Philpot Curran

For the military

“When we assumed the Soldier, we did not lay aside the Citizen.”
    George Washington

9. eric says:

Keeping it simple this year with a nice BBQ. Happy July 4th everyone!

10. Damon Day says:

Just staying home and inviting some family over for a small BBQ. As a kid we didn’t live too far from Disneyland. We all used to get up on the roof and not only watch the Disneyland fireworks but we could see other major displays as well. It was great, there were always fireworks in every direction.

11. Mark says:

We will be attending a parade in the tiny town of Eastman, WI (about 400 people) which swells to thousands by mid morning. I have been going there pretty much all of my 41 years. Small town life at its best. Kids games like a balloon toss, pig catch, sack races and baseball games keep the crowd entertained.

12. yohbee says:

My wife and kids will be enjoying a nice barbeque with friends. I’ll be at work eating last night’s leftovers. Hopefully I’ll get back in time to catch some fireworks.

13. Michael P says:

Looks like the forecast shows rain so we’re working on an in-door Fireworks Display.

The bottle rockets seem to be a problem.

14. Virescent says:

Staying home with my kids and will BBQ, later hang out with my sister and her family. Toward evening will head home and watch the fireworks from my 2nd floor apartment complex

15. mbhunter says:

Spending the 4th with wife’s parents. Marching in two parades with her mom’s Relay For Life committee, and our daughter gets to throw candy at people. No one lost an eye this morning. ;)